Monday 10 February 2014

Girl Rising

Wow, I haven't posted anything in about 2 months! Oops...........I have been busy though. First week back to school we had the Junk Kouture fashion show in school. I was a bit nervous getting up in front of the whole year plus some second and fifth years, but I managed no problem. Mostly because I forgot to put in contact lenses, so I couldn't see a thing. Oops again. It went well though, after we finally got our outfit finished. I'll post some pictures later. 

One Thursday we went to the RDS to see the Intel Young Scientist Competition. That was really interesting as the projects were really good, and they were by secondary school students. Some of them were unbelievably sciency, and I could't understand them. Oh well, it was a nice trip out anyway.


We did presentations for the SciFest @school competition recently. I was in a group with  Katie and Aoife. Our project title was ''Is listening to music while studying beneficial?'' We tested a class of first years for this. Half listened to music while studying for a test and half studied in silence. We then gave them a test, collected them again and corrected them. We found that the students who listened to music did better on average than those who didn't listen to music. We didn't get through to the next stage, but we were happy with the way the day went. 

In Religion we watched a documentary film called Girl Rising. You can find out more about it here: http://girlrising.com/ . We then made mini movies in IT class with Movie Maker. It was tricky getting the hang of it, but once I got the knack it was fine. Here's the finished product, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment